Design Verification Engineer (Engine) - 51516
Salary Range: £24.32 Ltd Co
Location: Basildon, Essex
A Design Verification Engineer (Engine) is required with an understanding of gasoline engine operations.
Due to continued growth this company, based in Basildon requires an Design Verification Engineer with a familiarity with engine components and system design for a new contract role. As an Design Verification Engineer, you will be required to:
- Implement dyno based engine test plans
- DVP sign-off
- Overseeing the installation of test engines in dynos
- Ensure correct instrumentation, special component, availability of dress kits, etc.
- Ensure engines go on test on time, & run efficiently whilst on test
- Monitor engine performance whilst on test
- Lead resolution of in-cell engine issues
- Liaise with development, component and test engineers to ensure tests run to DVP and functional requirements, document component/system issues/failures and support relevant engineering meetings
The Engine Performance Development Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- In depth understanding of gasoline engine operation
- Familiar with engine component and system design
- Ability to lead or participate in problem solving teams
- PC literate - MS Office (min. Word & Excel) & report writing
- Familiar with engine dyno testing
- Candidates must have a minimum of HNC/HND in relevant field, ideally educated to Degree level (although relevant experience will be considered as an alternative).
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of working within engine design to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based automotive company will offer you:
- Salary of £24.32ph Ltd Co
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high. If you have any questions about the Engine Performance Development Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262.