£20k - 25k per year
4 months ago
£20,000 to £25,000 plus Benefits
A fast-paced manufacturing company are recruiting for an Environmental Officer. Working closely with the Technical Manager you will be responsible for coordination all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, and renewable energy. You will have experience working within a similar role, with strong knowledge of BRC, ISO 14001 and environment standards.
As an Environment Officer your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of.
- Implement, monitor, and develop an environmental management system to meet company environmental permit (IPPC).
- Produce, manage, implement, and audit company environmental policies to meet current legislation.
- Collect information and analyse environmental impact data, risk assessments, producing reports and implementing environmental KPI targets.
- Negotiate environmental service agreements and manage associated costs and revenues, including monitoring energy consumption for the company, producing regular reports.
- Promote awareness to all levels of the organisation, including training on the emerging environmental issues including best practice to meet the company legislative, corporate responsibility.
- Take an active role in leading the development of investment plans for the site operations and buildings to reduce on-going energy costs.
- Work towards meeting targets for recycling and waste management.
- Complete and submit environmental reports, both mandatory and voluntary, by deadlines using consistent methodologies.
An exciting opportunity for an Environmental Officer with the following.
- Degree qualified or relevant environmental training with knowledge of IPPC, with exposure of conducting internal audits.
- Awareness of sustainability principles and environmental regulations relating to food and drink industry.
- Ability to produce yearly internal carbon footprints based on internally established method/spreadsheet.
- Awareness of accreditation standards such as BRC & ISO 14001.
- Excellent communication and time keeping skills.
- Full UK Driving license.
If you are an Environmental Officer with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today or please contact James Randall at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947343990.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.