Industrial Manufacturing - East London
The company is a high profile and respected brand in the food production industry. The purpose of the Environmental Manager role is to work with the operations teams to improve the site performance and ensure compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements for the business.
Duties of the Environmental Manager role:
- To formulate & implement environmental management systems consistent with the company group strategy that deliver compliance and commensurate reporting.
- Responsible for seeking, recommending, developing and achieving the implementation of procedures, programs or equipment that ensures compliance with the applicable environmental regulations.
- Ensure department personnel are appropriately aware of the responsibilities with respect to environmental controls and reporting, providing training where required.
- To ensure zero prosecutions by enforcement bodies and 100% compliance with all relevant UK and EU legislation.
- To manage environmental relationships with enforcement agencies and developing a consistency across the business.
- To establish and maintain an inspection and reporting schedule to monitor and ensure compliance.
Required skills and experience: Environmental Manager
- A demonstrated track record of delivering and maintaining environmental management systems.
- A working knowledge of current UK & EU environmental legislation and regulations.
- A thorough understanding of large process operations with a working knowledge of solids disposal, liquid waste, effluent handling and other air, water or ground exposure issues.
- An ability to develop and adapt strategies for environmental performance.
- Ideally Degree qualified in a relevant subject.
- Ideally NEBOSH trained.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary