Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Leader
The purpose of the role is to lead all aspects of the environmental, health & safety for the business in the UK. The EHS Leader has direct responsibility for leading the business to conform to all EHS statutory and local requirements.
The main duties for the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Leader role:
- Ensure the company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to environmental, health & safety liaising as appropriate with necessary external regulatory bodies.
- Ensure performance and update of ISO 14001 system including all legal aspects.
- Coordinate the development and appropriate revision of environmental, health & safety policies, system of work and procedures ensuring communication to employees through line managers and supervisors.
- Keep the management team updated with any changes in legislation which may affect production.
- Ensure company risk assessments are adequate and updated to reflect any changes in operation.
- Provide appropriate EHS inductions for new starters, contractors and agency workers.
- Conduct health & safety and environmental audits, scheduling and arranging corrective and preventative actions where appropriate.
Skills/experience required for the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Leader role:
- Relevant experience working in a similar role in a Manufacturing business.
- NEBOSH certificated.
- ISO 14001 environmental awareness.
- The ability to produce technical and accurate documentation.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Presentation and training skills
How to Apply
To apply, please do so online, attaching a copy of your CV and details of your current remuneration.