£35,000 - £40,000 plus benefits
A leading automotive component manufacturer is recruiting for an experienced Environmental Officer.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the Company is compliant with all regulatory and legislative environmental requirements and that the environmental management system is being developed and is delivering continuous improvement through robust systems and measures. You will possess previous experience of environmental legislation and policy issues and have a proven track record in the implementation of environmental systems within a manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Environmental Officer
- Manage and co-ordinate environmental issues day to day, including site waste management streams.
- Knowledge / experience of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Management systems. Have good working knowledge / understanding of current environmental legislation.
- Improve the overall environmental performance throughout the organisation by developing and promoting environmental programs to ensure that operations meet regulatory requirements.
- Interact effectively with external agencies, customers, suppliers, employees, corporate management, as well as site management.
- Collect and collate data in order to compile reports, or for data collection supporting customer requirements i.e. CDP
- Develop and implement environmental programs, policies, and compliance and training programs (i.e. ISO 14001) to ensure compliance with regulations, company polices, standards, and practices.
- Develop documentation, practices, processes, and monitoring.
- Involvement in site Environmental Organisation, Planning, Measurement and Audit/Review. Prepare, communicate, and implement responses and corrective actions.
- Conduct environmental audits and required inspections to ensure compliance with company procedures and third-party waste / recycling and disposal services.
- Recommend, develop, and track annual environmental targets and bench marking for the facility.
- Prepare and coordinate reports, and maintain record keeping as required for new and existing processes and equipment.
Appropriate recognised professional qualifications.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisation and communication skills.
- The ability to provide technical and regulatory competence and confidence when communicating is essential.
- Project Management: Able to organise and schedule events, activities and resources. Set up measures and monitor timescales and plans.
- Problem solving: Able to use a range of methods to identify and solve issues.
- The role is predominately site based, but may travel internationally in the performance of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Comprehensive knowledge and use of MS office packages.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Environmental Officer to join a automotive tier 1 manufacturer that is highly integral to the success of the OEM wider supply chain. If you are interested, please apply.