£30k - 35k per year
4 months ago
Job title: Environment Health & Safety Coordinator
Salary Range: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
Location: Yate, Bristol
Permanent role working for a leading World Class manufacturing business
An Environment Health & Safety Coordinator is required with knowledge of EHS experience within an industrial/manufacturing environment. Candidates with a lead auditor qualification, experience of waste management and a desire to develop in a Health, Safety and Environment management role would be well received.
Due to new projects and plant investment this client based in Yate in Bristol requires a dynamic, leading Environment Health & Safety Coordinator to advise on all matters relating to the management of Health, Safety and Environment, establish where improvements can be made to ensure compliance with UK EHS Legislation whilst creating, implementing and monitoring EHS strategies to promote sustainable EHS development.
As the Environment Health & Safety Coordinator, you will be required to:
- Develop and implement EHS strategies and action plans and to ensure Legal and Corporate compliance
- Proactively coordinate all aspects of H&S and Environmental management
- Assist with the implementation of EHS policies, practices and management systems
- Ensure compliance with EHS legislation and keep up to date with all relevant UK, European Union and International Regulations and Legislation
- Liaise with external bodies such as the HSE, Environment Agency, Local Authorities, public bodies and other relevant competent bodies as required
- Audit, analyse and report on EHS performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies in relation to EHS issues
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the organisation, of the impact of emerging EHS developments
- Implement best practices in areas of corporate EHS ethical and social responsibility and address any issues arising
- Assist with the maintenance of the Integrated Management System (IMS) to continually improve the impact of the organisation on EHS
- Support and advise the business on EHS matters
- Train staff at all levels on EHS issues and responsibilities
- Support the UK & Ireland EHS Manager to manage relations with the board of directors, senior management and internal staff
- Continue professional development for EHS education and research
- Negotiate EHS service agreements and help manage associated costs and revenues
- Assist and develop plans to meet targets set by Corporate, EMEA and the UK to ensure EHS targets are met.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Plant Manager and the UK & Ireland EEHS Manager proportionate to the level of the post
- WCM activities (World Class Manufacturing
The Environment Health & Safety Coordinator should have the following skills or experience:
- Hold a recognised H&S qualification equivalent to NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ Level 4
- Have current professional membership to IOSH and IEMA or equivalents at Tech level or higher.
- Able to demonstrate experience of dealing with the HSE and Environment Agency and other statutory bodies.
- Experience of maintaining ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 Management Systems
- Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, a strong work ethic with a desire to develop
- Hold a full UK Driving License
- Be PC literate with knowledge of, and the ability to use, Google (email, sheets, slides and docs?)
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge and experience within Environment Health & Safety Coordination. In return for your experience, this Yate, Bristol based company will offer you:
- Permanent Contract
- £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
- Hours Days
- Attractive benefits package
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge and experience as a Environment Health & Safety Coordinator and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Environment Health & Safety Coordinator, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.