Job title: Development Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £32.00 per hour LTD
Industry: Diesel Engines
The Development Engineer will join a Component Engineering team assisting in the delivery of component and system development and validation in support of NPI programmes, cost reduction & quality improvements.
Assisting in the development of components and validation on components to be compliant with the incoming RoHS legislation. Delivery of quality improvements, cost reduction projects and the development and delivery of new customer options.
The suitable Development Engineer should have experience in performing several (not all) of the following;
- Working with suppliers to develop solutions.
- Working knowledge of APQP.
- Conducting FMEAs on components and systems to identify risks and determine action
- Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities including report outs.
- Knowledge of drawing release processes to support the release of parts onto BOMs and engine lists in preparation for volume production.
- Support field and production issue, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply for this Development Engineer you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.