Engineering Tools Support - Tools & Servers
The Electronics Engineering discipline at our customer in Edinburgh requires an Engineer to provide support for electronics' tools and their infrastructure (Linux servers).
The idea candidate will be an engineer with wide software tools exposure who is looking for a role to support software and electronics design tools use in a busy electronics design environment.
Key Responsibility Areas
You will be part of their Edinburgh Electronics Engineering team which delivers centrally agreed tools and processes. The Primary focus will be to provide support for the Linux servers and Firmware, Hardware and PCB Design tools. This will include;
- Setting up user groups and project areas,
- Installing vendor tools,
- Working with vendors to analyse and debug tools,
- Providing pro-active support,
- Specifying server architect and,
- Contributing to cross-site working groups.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
You are expected to have a first or second degree (BSc, BEng, MEng, MSc) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (preferable) or related science (e.g. Physics) supported by appropriate fundamental elements and specialisation in Linux servers.
Skills & Knowledge:
You will be expected to have experience of the following:
- Linux operating system admin knowledge
- Installing and configuring engineering applications
- Providing server and tool support to engineers
- Interfacing with the internal IT function
- Contributing to the improvement of cross-site common processes
- Version control and configuration management tools
- Writing in one or more scripting languages
- Preparing and deliver presentations and user guides
- Keeping up to date with new tools and techniques
It is desirable that you have experience with at least one of these tools:
- FGPA Vendor tools (Intel (Altera), Microsemi (Actel), Xilinx)
- Mentor Firmware tools (HDS, Precision, Questa)
- Mentor Xpedition Enterprise tool suite for Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
- Mentor Hyperlynx Signal or Power Integrity tools
If you are interested in this technical contract opportunity please apply now!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.