Engineering Maintenance Technician - Swansea
We are looking for an Engineering Maintenance Technician to work Permanent Day Shift for an Aerospace Supply company based in Swansea, who are part of a worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. The group serves the aerospace, power and general industrial markets.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Engineering Maintenance Technician will: -
- Maintain the company's Safe Systems of Work.
- Carry out routine Planned and Reactive maintenance.
- Coordinate availability of equipment in line with the Maintenance plan and labour and/or materials required to complete these tasks.
- Identify spares and equipment required to ensure planned maintenance is completed to plan.
- Develop and update SOP's for Operations and Engineering, implementing a system for daily process checks and documentation.
- Carry out tool box talks for implemented changes with the training department.
- Ensure Engineering drawings and Technical information is updated.
- Issue and clear, General and Control Permit to Works for both Contractors and employees.
- Support the development of the Engineering Apprentices.
- Ensure contractors are working within the Company Safety systems and monitoring and managing any breach in line with company processes.
- Complete Risk Assessments and develop the R.A. system using FMEA template.
- Monitor and maintain area housekeeping standards, arranging improvements where required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified to HNC level in mechanical or electrical related subject preferred, relevant time served experience within a manufacturing environment will be considered
- Will have excellent knowledge of Continuous improvements methodology to Green Belt standard in Lean Six sigma (training can be given.
- Must be PC literature to include use of Microsoft Office, predominantly Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to demonstrate a range of leadership skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills,
- Salary: - Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192.