Due to continuous growth, we are currently recruiting a Team Leader Engineering -Electrical for an independent research and development organisation for the UK aerospace industry.
You will be leading the mechanical services teams to deliver infrastructure maintenance programme to enable readiness of Transonic Wind Tunnel and other plant for customer projects.
This will be working on double day shifts alternating between mornings and afternoons and you must also be able to obtain security clearance and therefore have been residing in the UK for the past 5 years.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be as followed:
- Support the availability of transonic wind tunnel and associated plant and facilities to deliver commercial project portfolio.
- Safe and efficient management of resources including approval of time sheets and holiday requests, arranging shift rotas.
- Provide resources to deliver the agreed planned preventative maintenance program and monitor improvements using agreed performance metrics.
- Provide resources to rectify faults (unplanned maintenance)
- Ensure infrastructure staff and subcontractors adhere to all H&S requirements and ensure all risk assessments and work instructions are in place.
- Supervision of onsite contractors, as required.
- Lead and manage appraisal system and set objectives for team members.
- Manage cost centres, if required by Engineering Manager.
- Ensure skills and capability of team meet current and future needs of the business including compliance with SHE training requirements.
- Promote and implement effective process for fault reporting and management. Ensure all faulty equipment is clearly identified (quarantined or as a minimum tagged) and that a recovery plan is implemented.
- Provide ‘out of hours’ cover in support of issues.
- Maximise efficiency and effectiveness of maintenance activities associated with plant and services.
Essential skills and qualifications required for the role:
- Hold an academic qualification (preferably university degree but minimum of HND or equivalent) in a technical/engineering discipline
- Knowledge of project management principles
- Excellent computer skills
- Proven experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Flexible and positive attitude
Our client are offering competitive rates of pay, a shift allowance and a great benefits package.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.