£60k - 65k per year
2 months ago
Job title: Systems Engineering Lead -PLM
Salary Range: £60,000 to £65,000 per annum plus benefit package
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Permanent role working for a leading defence/military design and manufacturing client.
An Engineering Systems Lead is required with knowledge and experience of Product Data Management (PDM) development, implementation, integration, configuration and support using effective Teamcenter data collaboration solutions to meet the needs of the business for approximately 250 engineers.
The Engineering Systems Lead role will take ownership of the CAD/PLM and engineering systems, providing support to enable stable working platforms whist driving the development of systems, workflows and standards to develop a world class leading engineering data management network for the entire business. Candidates with ERP/CAD(Sap in Particular) integration, managing CAM data, revision control and engineering requests would be well received.
Due to expansion this MOD/Defence client based in Telford, Shropshire requires a dynamic, leading Engineering Systems Lead on a permanent basis. As an Engineering System Lead, you will be required to:
- Support the team with technical support for all CAD/PLM users in the business.
- Organise software training and manage staff training records to ensure the latest features and best practice are being used.
- Support technical authority lead with the development of toolsets (to support standard parts, Designs and Processes) to help reduce engineering lead times.
- Identify and develop the necessary systems to allow effective access to live engineering data across the whole business.
- Drive a strong bi-directional integration between Teamcenter, ERP system (SAP) and manufacturing systems.
- Manage and support the roll out of new workflows, processes, and systems, with suitable documentation and training.
- Look at ways to better manage engineering data currently existing in silos.
- Evaluate hardware needs, produce specifications and management hardware allocation.
- Produce and/or support business CAPEX processes when needed
- Define appropriate engineering lifecycles and governance structures for the development of new solutions, evolution of existing solutions and management of change to support evolving service growth.
- Ensure the transition between concept development, engineering solution development and service design is managed through application of joint / integrated governance structures.
- Lead in the production of system / product requirements, design and acceptance work products including rationale for design decisions.
- Ensure the engineering environment and tools are appropriately specified and managed.
- Ensure design baselines are maintained working closely with the configuration and data management policies.
- Optimisation of technical work through the application of systems engineering reviews.
- Attend Design Advisory Board and Technical Review Boards and collaborate with Cyber Architecture team(s).
- Working with the Project/Product Design Authority ensure technical risks are identified and mitigation actions identified and implemented.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate legislative and regulatory requirements including safety
- Defining and managing the systems engineering activities at various levels of projects including identifying the people and skills needed to ensure delivery and for driving delivery through appropriate governance.
- Responsible for the specification and execution of Systems Engineering management and control processes including: Configuration and Data Management, Risk Management, Quality Management, Technical Performance Measures etc
- Responsible for Production and maintenance of management plans such as Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP), Through Life Management Plans (TLMP) etc.
- Required to define the system development cycle and defines the process, practices and tools (PP&T) applicable to the product based on project specific constraints (eg tools imposed by the Customer).
The Engineering Systems Lead should have the following skills or experience:
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- Degree in Systems Engineering / a related Field or suitable experience
- Experience in managing and developing CAD/PLM systems within an engineering environment
- Skilled in the administration of Teamcenter
- Understanding of systems engineering life cycle, practices and tools
- Experience of multi-stakeholder change management activities
- Experience of delivering the engineering content of systems and system level programs in land, sea and/or air domains
- An understanding of the exploitation of Architectural modelling techniques and use of requirements management tools (specifically DOORS).
- Knowledge of ERP/CAD (SAP in particular) integration desirable
- Experience managing CAM data, revision control, engineering change requests would be beneficial
- Experience of project management / change management
- A design engineering background is preferable but not essential for this role
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with expert knowledge of Engineering Systems within an MOD/Defence manufacturing company. In return for your experience, this Telford based defence specialist will offer you:
- Full time permanent contract
- 37.5 hour working week
- £60,000 to £65,000 per annum plus benefit package
- Annual Company Bonus
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Contribution pension
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Teamcenter within the manufacturing and defence field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Teamcenter, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.