Engineering Services Manager
£45,000pa - £50,000pa
Due to continuous growth we are looking for an experienced and disciplined Engineering Services Manager to lead and manage the Engineering Services Teams. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring efficient and complete implementation of both Planned Preventative Maintenance and emerging project engineering and infrastructure works. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver engineering competency with a bias to electrical engineering but balanced by a level of mechanical engineering experience.
We are looking for someone with strong leadership credentials, capable of applying problem-solving techniques in a logical, competent and timely manner.
- Manage a team of Electrical and Mechanical staff to ensure the long term availability of the facilities to deliver complex commercial projects.
- To deliver a published Planned Preventative Maintenance programme defined by the Chief Engineer and monitor performance and improvements metrics.
- To assist the Chief Engineer in the development and implementation of a rigorous system for design definition and change control.
- To contribute to Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEAs) and Safety Justification Records (SJRs) of the facility which are currently under development.
- To author Service and Maintenance documentation and check/approve documentation generated by other contributors.
- To gather, analyze and share reported fault data and manage appropriate responses within agreed times and standards (unplanned maintenance).
- To provide leadership to implement improvements in working environment in terms of cleanliness, housekeeping and 5S initiatives.
- To deliver longer-term Infrastructure investment programmes for capability improvements.
- To ensure the cost centres are managed within agreed annual budget.
- To lead and manage the appraisal system and objective setting for the team members.
- To ensure the skills and capability of the team meets the current and future needs of the business including compliance with statutory SHE training requirements.
- To manage the team's apprenticeship programme and ensure supervision and coaching of trainees.
- To ensure the effective sourcing, selection and management of suppliers/ service providers for supporting Infrastructure delivery requirements in conjunction with the Procurement Manager.
- To ensure all team members operate safely, are trained and competent and adhere to H&S requirements of the areas and that relevant risk assessments and work instructions are in place.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Hold either academic qualifications (e.g. BEng or similar), preferably in electrical engineering, or equivalent knowledge by industrial experience.
- Demonstrated man management experience in a maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering procedures, tools and staff skills required in order to assign appropriately-skilled resources to meet project requirements.
- Have a self-disciplined approach, ensuring continuous adherence to the Company standards and procedures in order to improve business performance.
- Possess strong leadership credentials including inter-personal, people-management and influencing skills.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to improve standards and be driven by continuous improvement.
- Be capable of applying problem-solving techniques in a logical, competent and timely manner.
- Be a confident, self-motivated individual committed to ensuring that stakeholders needs are met.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good computer skills (MS-office and IT-based maintenance packages).
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements, including the last 5 years continual UK residency. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility. To apply please send your CV to Katharine Biginell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment Ltd.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.