Very competitive salary + Perm Incentives
5 months ago
Job title: Engineering Services Manager
Salary Range: £45k+ Perm Incentives
An Engineering Services Manager is required for a research and development organisation for the UK aerospace industry in Bedford. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring efficient and complete implementation of both Planned Preventative Maintenance and emerging project engineering and infrastructure works.
Candidates who have management experience from large industrial sites will be very well received.
As an Engineering Services Manager, you will be required to:
- Main responsibility will be to enhance and improve Transonic Wind Tunnel and associated plant and facilities (including high voltage equipment) and to ensure currently, competency and effectiveness of supplier network.
- Deliver engineering competency with a bias to electrical engineering but balanced by a level of mechanical engineering experience.
- Manage a team of Electrical and Mechanical staff to ensure the long term availability of facilities to deliver complex commercial projects.
- To deliver a published Planned Preventative Maintenance programme defined by the Chief Engineer and monitor performance and improvements metrics.
- To assist the Chief Engineer in the development and implementation of a rigorous system for design definition and change control.
- To contribute to Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEAs) and Safety Justification Records (SJRs) of the facility which are currently under development.
- To author Service and Maintenance documentation and check/approve documentation generated by other contributors.
- To gather, analyze and share reported fault data and manage appropriate responses within agreed times and standards (unplanned maintenance).
- To provide leadership to implement improvements in working environment in terms of cleanliness, housekeeping and 5S initiatives.
- To deliver longer-term Infrastructure investment programmes for capability improvements.
- To ensure the cost centres are managed within agreed annual budget.
- To lead and manage the appraisal system and objective setting for the team members.
- To ensure the skills and capability of the team meets the current and future needs of the business including compliance with statutory SHE training requirements.
- To manage the team’s apprenticeship programme and ensure supervision and coaching of trainees.
- To ensure the effective sourcing, selection and management of suppliers/ service providers for supporting Infrastructure delivery requirements in conjunction with the Procurement Manager.
- To ensure all team members operate safely, are trained and competent and adhere to H&S requirements of the areas and that relevant risk assessments and work instructions are in place.
- To communicate and co-ordinate regularly with Experimental Aerodynamics, other operational teams and stakeholders. Formal route is via Plant meetings to agree tactical delivery priorities and Sales and Operational Planning meetings to agree medium-term delivery issues.
The Engineering Services manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Hold either academic qualifications (e.g. B Eng or similar), preferably in electrical engineering, or equivalent knowledge by industrial experience.
- Demonstrated man management experience in a maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering procedures, tools and staff skills required in order to assign appropriately-skilled resources to meet project requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with Engineering management experience to develop your career. In return, this company in Bedford will offer you:
- Very competitive salary + Perm incentives
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Engineering Services Manager role please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.