£30 - 32 per hour
4 months ago
Job title: Engineering Project Manager
Salary Range: £30.00 - £32.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
Hours: 37.5-hour week
9:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday onsite.
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire
4 month rolling contract working for bespoke engineering/manufacturing organisation.
Our client is a specialist combustion engineering organisation providing bespoke products and energy solutions into the oil and gas, petrochemical, chemical, nuclear, pharmaceutical, food, automotive and many other process related industries. An Engineering Project Manager is required with knowledge of client faced project delivery, engineering handovers, cost control, quality control and on time delivery of engineering allocated projects. Candidates with a mechanical/electrical design and strong Project management knowledge will be well received.
Due to new client projects this Harrogate based client requires a dynamic, leading Engineering Project Manager on a contract basis. As an engineering project manager, you will be required to:
- Manage a variety of allocated projects.
- Be responsible for cost control, quality control and on time delivery of allocated projects.
- Be responsible for submission of documents on time and to approved status.
- Ensure close-out report is issued.
- Review of the detailed Engineering Hand-over Package against code & Client requirements.
- Liaison with the Proposal Manager/Engineer as required throughout the project. Liaison with the Client throughout the project.
- Finalisation of P&I diagrams, valve & instrument data sheets & individual component data sheets.
- Co-ordination with the Mechanical Design Manager for the preparation of all mechanical drawings required on project including provision of component dimensional data as may be required.
- Co-ordination with the Electrical Design Manager for preparation of electrical specification to enable electrical schematic & panel layout drawing to be produced by the Electrical Design section.
- Development of the project planning schedule and ITP for agreement with the Client.
- Liaison with the Operations Director to ensure project delivery targets are met.
- Responsibility for the submission of invoices for approval at agreed target dates. Responsibility for handling any client change requests and claiming any extras to contract as required.
- Responsibility for the procurement of all project components within project budget & time scale in conjunction with other departments.
- Liaison with Client, Operations and Quality Managers for all inspections.
- Co-ordination of site delivery, erection, installation & commissioning as required.
- Attend client and site meetings and carry out commissioning work as required.
- Any other duties as may from time to time be agreed with your Line Manager
The Engineering Project Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in chemical or mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Experience of project management.
- Experience in mechanical or electrical design
- Experience of working in teams with other disciplines.
- Knowledge of contract terms and conditions.
- Experience in controlling and reporting project performance.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineering Project Manager. In return for your experience, this Harrogate based manufacturer will offer you:
- 4 month rolling Contract
- 39 hour working week
- £30.00 to £32.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of project managing within an engineering enviroment and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Engineering Project Manager role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.