Engineering Project Coordinator
Our client have a hundred year heritage in producing complex machines parts for high technology sectors of engineering. They are looking to strengthen their team with an Engineering Project Coordinator to ensure projects and activities progress to agreed time scales.
The holder of the position will be part of the busy engineering department. Working with various departments and customers they will be responsible for producing and maintaining all New Product Introduction Plans. They will also be responsible for organising and scheduling the work load of the engineering department and maintaining department load and capacity plans.
What you will do:
- Working with the appropriate managers, other employees and customers, create and maintain project plans for the introduction of new products into the company.
- Work with the engineering team to plan and manage department capacity and schedule workload.
- Hold regular meetings with multi-functional teams to review project progress, set priorities, agree actions and review risks.
- Maintain records on project budgets and cost reduction activities.
- Liaise with customers with regard to New product introduction.
- Produce good quality reports for the engineering manager and the rest of the business and maintain a number of KPI's
What you need:
- Attitude, motivation, an organised approach and a willingness to learn will be very important attributes of the successful candidate and may be viewed as more important than some of the following requirements.
- Computer literacy.
- Be self-motivated and have good project management skills
- Experience of coordinating multi-functional teams.
- Experience of organising and running team meetings.
- Have Good organisational and planning Skills.
- Have an analytical, data driven approach to problem solving and improvement activities.
- Be comfortable liaising with customers and suppliers.
- A knowledge of basic machining, forming and fabrication processes would be an advantage but is not essential.
For more information or to apply, please contact Gemma Skidmore of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.