- Sector: Defence & Aviation
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Jade Whitmore
- Contact Email: Jade.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 00000
- Expiry Date: 01 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59678
Job title: Operations Manager- Aviation
Salary Range: £65k + Perm incentives
Location: Stansted, Essex
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion. They have been Europe's leading independent overhaul and repair facility for more than 60 years.
The company has a solid reputation in the aerospace industry for providing a broad range of services to international and regional airlines, helicopter operators and airframe manufacturers and offers specialist services for in excess of 5,000 components over a variety of aircraft systems with capabilities covering aircraft windings, electrical power, hydraulic components, landing gear and safety equipment.
Operations Manager Job Purpose
To manage and co-ordinate Stansted production and engineering operations and efficiencies, including continuous improvement, assembly, product/process development, facilities, production processes to ensure the facility’s performances in throughput and shipping are maximised, whilst maintaining rigorous compliance with all industry standard regulations.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Operations Director to deliver the results and strategic objectives of AEM
- Plan, organise and direct the site production and engineering operations
- Oversee the technical evaluation electro/mechanical components and associated systems to deliver engineering solutions, designed to meet the Company’s strategic goals.
- Oversee the Compressed Gas and Inflatables teams, ensuring that quality and turn around targets are met
- Deliver plans and processes which minimise manufacturing costs through effective utilisation of manpower, equipment facilities, materials and capital.
- Deliver against business objectives and production schedules whilst ensuring product standards and level of customer service exceeds customer expectation.
- Manage local resource to ensure problem solving and cost reduction targets are met.
- Identify and implement initiatives to improve manpower utilisation within existing departments and processes.
- Continually review production planning; schedule activities to deliver maximum return on efficiencies whilst operating in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure quality requirements are met at all times.
- Promote and develop a culture of Continuous Improvement and delivery of identified projects and initiatives.
- Manage budget expenditure.
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes.
- Select and maintain plant and equipment.
- Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.
- Recruit, select, train, motivate and performance manage staff; promote employee development and encourage progression planning
- Effective liaison internally and externally to AEM to ensure timely and expedient communication at all levels of the organisation.
- Adhere to industry standard QA rules and regulations
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Degree qualified - business or technical field (desirable)
- Lean certification (desirable)
- Strong leadership skills
- Independent thinking
- Strong organizational and planning abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in a production/manufacturing environment.
- Experience of managing/supervising a large workforce within a production/manufacturing environment.
- Production planning and scheduling
Working Hours: 39 -hour week; Monday – Thursday 08.00 – 16.30; Friday 08.00 – 15.30.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered for the Aviation Operations Manager role, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Aviation Operations Manager role, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.