Job title: Engineering Manager - Hydraulic Systems
Salary Range: £51,000 to £61,000 per annum plus benefits inc car allowance, bonus
Location: Desford, Leicestershire
Industry: Off Highway
An Engineering Manager opportunity has become available for for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
As a leading member of the Hydraulic Systems and Controls department, you will be responsible for machine hydraulic systems from concept to production, and service thereafter.
You will be the primary UK hydraulic system expert and first point of contact for the machine groups hydraulic input and expertise. You will be involved with and contribute to the hands-on testing and operation of machines.
You will have direct interface with the end machine user, production line, and supplier development team. You will be accountable for acceptable system tuning and operation providing continuously increasing levels of efficiency, controllability, and performance to the customer.
You will join a global team of highly motivated hydraulic component, systems and controls engineers with deep knowledge and support of machine functionality and development. You will benefit from and contribute to the continuous growth and learning of the larger team.
As an Engineering Manager in Hydraulic Systems, you will lead, coach and motivate a small team to develop collaborative relationships with internal and external customers as well as within the internal teams to achieve goals. Through your leadership you will continue to support and develop an engaged, talented and high performing engineering team as their leader. You will nurture an innovative and continuous improvement culture. You will be able to see obstacles and raise appropriate awareness including taking independent actions to resolve in advance. This includes technical involvement, pace setting and challenging the development path in the interest of quick resolution of issues.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Experience of development and design of fluid power components and systems
- Experience and understanding of taking a product from concept to production utilise FMEA, DVP&R & APQP process
- Established record of achievement, showing improvement in an engineering environment
- Analytical experience with simulation tools of hydraulic systems
- Experience of dealing with problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Reading and understanding drawings and release schematic(s)
- Understanding of market product cost
- A confident communicator with strong interpersonal, influencing and coaching skills; able to effectively engage with and influence teams, and able to share information in a straight forward and compelling way
- Results-driven, with a "can-do" attitude and ability to get into the detail when necessary
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.