£50000 - £65000.00 per annum + Bonus, Pension, car allowance
about 2 years ago
Engineering Manager - Hydraulic Systems
£50,000 - £65,000 + benefits
An Engineering Manager opportunity has arisen working for the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
As Engineering Manager of the Hydraulic and Controls department you will be responsible for machine hydraulic systems from concept to production, and service thereafter.
- You will be the primary UK hydraulic system expert and first point of contact for the machine groups hydraulic input and expertise.
- You will be involved with and contribute to the hands-on testing and operation of machines.
- You will have direct interface with the end machine user, production line, and supplier development team.
- You will be accountable for acceptable system tuning and operation providing continuously increasing levels of efficiency, controllability, and performance to the customer.
- You will join a global team of highly motivated hydraulic component, systems and controls engineers with deep knowledge and support of machine functionality and development.
- You will benefit from and contribute to the continuous growth and learning of the larger team.
- Lead, coach and motivate a small team to develop collaborative relationships with internal and external customers as well as within the internal teams to achieve goals.
- Deep understanding of fluid power and the application of such to mobile power hydraulic system machines
- Understand and develop requirements, system architecture, components specification and application requirements on multiple products
- Take responsibility for the overall management of key projects and the day-to-day resource issues working in tandem with the engineering managers that support the product groups.
- Lead team to complete objectives in design of new products and maintenance of existing products, components, and systems
- Communicate results and set priorities to global customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Ensure development, validation and test requirements are met for production ready system solutions
- Create relevant drawings and release schematic(s)
- Lead and own FMEA's teams, actions, validation plans, and critical characteristics
- Prepared to travel Globally to support issues as the arise
- Provide technical coaching and troubleshooting in the interest of providing technical solutions in development, production, and field support
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Experience of development and design of fluid power components and systems
- Experience and understanding of taking a product from concept to production utilising FMEA, DVP&R & APQP process
- Established record of achievement, showing improvement in an engineering environment
- Analytical experience with simulation tools of hydraulic systems
- Experience of dealing with problem solving in a fast-paced environment
- Reading and understanding drawings and release schematic(s)
- Willing to travel globally
- Understanding of market product cost
- A confident communicator with strong interpersonal, influencing and coaching skills; able to effectively engage with and influence teams, and able to share information in a straight forward and compelling way
- Results-driven, with a "can-do" attitude and ability to get into the detail when necessary
- Expert industry experience
- Supervisor experience with proven success in challenging leadership situations
- Working with Creo/auto cad or similar tools.
- Previous project management experience
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.