- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: Gemma Skidmore
- Contact Email: Gemma.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446121
- Expiry Date: 06 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59648
Engineering Manager -Development & Test
£50-60k + benefits
Our Client is a global consultancy specialising in the engineering and development of transmissions and driveline systems for automotive, off highway, industrial and aerospace applications.
As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of our Development & Test function; providing project leadership to successfully deliver projects, as well as supporting those of others.
Applying technical knowledge and experience to interesting and challenging projects for a wide variety of customers, markets and sectors. Supporting engineers, ensuring they are developing skills and capabilities whilst using the most appropriate methods. Generating and maintaining relationships with customers at an appropriate level.
- Project coordination, ensure smooth running of all Development and Test projects
- Resource planning and coordination, manage resource requirements for all projects within the function and maintain resource tracking documentation
- Hardware resource planning, develop understanding of rig capability and flexibility.
- Oversee fixture design and test cell layout. Manage and maintain the test cell CAD database
- Where appropriate, undertake Project Management role; leading a project team to deliver a successful project outcome; from both technical and commercial perspectives
- Where appropriate, undertake Project Director role on projects within the function and be accountable for their outcome
- Working with the Chief Technical Specialist oversee project planning and ensure the following are successfully executed:
- Prepare test plan and specifications. Specify test rig requirements including instrumentation and fixture tooling
- Specify and prepare data logging equipment, instrumentation and wiring requirements
- Support DFMEA reviews
- Potential for worldwide, short and long-haul travel
- There will also be a requirement for occasional late and weekend working to complete work to deadlines
For more information or to apply please contact Gemma Skidmore of Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446121 or email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.