£Highly Competitive plus Car Allowance & Benefits
Engineering Manager (Chassis, Powertrain & Electrical Systems)
£Highly Competitive Plus Car Allowance & Benefits
Location: East Midlands
Full Vehicle Development, Design, Innovations, Engineering, Programmes, Development, Production, Delivery, Integration, Man-Management, Leadership, Problem-solver
Want to work for one of the most iconic and exciting British motoring brands, driving engineering excellence across their range of products? We are looking for an experienced and innovative Engineering Manager to help grow the product range and the design and engineering capability in the UK following a significant recent investment in the business.
You will need to have experience of leading multi-discipline engineering teams with and ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way that will lift both the quality of engineering and the people to new heights. You will be responsible for the day to day management of a busy design function, working hand in hand with the styling team to ensure the brand remains at the pinnacle of design and engineering integration.
We are seeking people with strong understanding of chassis, powertrain and electrical projects within vehicle development, who has worked in a fast paced and innovative design-led environment, who has both the experience and a hands-on approach to positive leadership to overcome engineering challenges and to foster and lead a dynamic and creative engineering team.
The role will have responsibility for all aspects of engineering from concept to production, across a wide range of programmes and will also oversee:
- Correct benchmarking of industry standards and competitor vehicles.
- Production and management of timelines for projects in conjunction with respective team leaders and Principal Engineers.
- Manging first release engineer's lists and drawings.
- Support in the selection of materials and manufacturing process.
- Manage the manufacture, assembly and testing of mule vehicles
- Ensuring the design ethos is carried through to production.
This is a challenging and exciting role and we are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate that they have the ability and passion to:
- Keep morale high and motivate a multi-discipline team
- Make critical decisions quickly and robustly
- Recognise and meet the training needs of staff
- Ensure adherence to processes and procedures whilst not stifling creativity
- Constructively challenge the status quo
So if you have a true passion for all types of motoring, and a practical approach to leading mechanical engineering projects in the automotive, motorsport, motorcycle, and/or vehicle development sectors, with a proven track record of leadership in a similar role, you should apply today or contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.