Attractive + Benefits
over 2 years ago
Engineering Manager - Aerospace and Defence - Permanent - Attractive
An Engineering Manager to Lead the Capability and Development processes is required to join and Innovative Aerospace and Defence company on a Permanent Basis. The Engineering Manager will manage and lead a multi-disciplinary Engineering Team and will report to the Engineering Director.
The Engineering Manager will be a Strategic thinker and an active member of the engineering management team The Engineering Manager will be formulating the resource and delivery strategy and to set clear and enthuse a clear vision of success both internally and externally within the company.
Responsibilities and Experience Required of the Engineering Manager
· Develop an accurate and fit for purpose forward load / capacity planning system
· Ensure capability needs that are required for each project actioned accordingly
· Manage the engineering skills matrix and engineering competency information
· Ensure that appropriate training is identified and delivered
· manage and lead the engineering leads and provide guidance on resourcing and projects
· Ensure that engineering achieve technical deliverables on time, to quality, within cost
· Create and maintain an engineer's toolbox to allow work to be completed accurately
· Be responsible for the engineering tools required in delivering the technical project needs
· Manage the graduate and undergraduate development scheme
· Manage annual appraisals and work with HR to support Learning & Development
· Support HR with conducting disciplinary and grievance proceedings when required
Qualifications & Requirements of the Engineering Manager
· Degree qualified in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience
· Proven ability and experience in the successful development and delivery of large and complicated engineering development programmes, ideally in the aerospace and defence
· Demonstrable ability to motivate and lead large multi-disciplinary matrix technical teams
· Chartered Engineer would be preferable, including membership of engineering institute
· Firm understanding of engineering configuration control
· Experience in forward load and capacity planning of people and resources
· Ability to manage through systems and advocate of process compliance
· Excellent communication skill that is organised, robust, and a self-motivated team player
The Engineering Manager must hold or capable of holding Security Clearance up to level of SC and above.
If you are interested in this Engineering Manager position, then please apply directly or send a suitable MS Word Format CV directly to my Email at . Alternatively, if you wish to discuss then please contact Peter Heap on my direct line 01384 446102.