over 1 year ago
An Engineering Manager is required to join an established company with a strong reputation in the defence electronics sector. The successful candidate will be joining to lead product development, providing innovative solutions, team leadership and act as Design Authority on behalf of the Company
Responsibilities of the Engineering Manager will include the following:
- Responsible for delivering Design and Development programs to specification and to agreed schedules.
- To lead the Engineering team, setting and achieving challenging targets related to cost, quality and timescales.
- Maintain, deliver and develop key performance indicators and metrics for the Engineering dept.
- Provide technical proposals in response to new opportunities.
- Contribute to planning and tactical implementation of the strategic business plans to maximise value creation.
- To support business development and sales in promoting the company, products and services and have contact with the customer base as required.
The Engineering Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Engineering/Technical based degree ideally within electronics or a related subject.
- Significant experience in leadership and management from an engineering background.
- Experienced in design strategies to minimise EMC/EMI emanations from Electronic equipment.
- Good working knowledge of RF and Electronic products.
- Commercially aware with an ability to interface credibly and proactively with customers and internal teams.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Manager with knowledge of electronics manufacturing to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Gloucester based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary package
- Non-standard pension scheme
- Optional health benefits
Interviews for the Engineering Manager will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on the Engineering Manager position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.