Our client, a leading manufacturer of aerospace components based in Northern Ireland, requires an Engineering Manager to provide leadership and support to the engineering department and deliver operation improvements across the site.
The Engineering Manager will develop and implement and engineering strategies to enable business growth.
Key Responsibilities of the Engineering Manager:
- Developing the multi-functional engineering team, including machining, assembly, NPI, chemical treatments, automation and processing
- Coaching team members to deliver enabled, empowered and engaged employees
- Setting and managing engineering KPIs
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency
- Maintaining and growing customer relationships
- Planning and executing engineering projects
- Developing and improving processes to increase capacity and efficiency
- Provide technical support to other departments when required
Key Skills and Experience required for the Engineering Manager:
- A degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Relevant engineering management experience within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- CAD/CAM experience
- Lean and Six Sigma qualifications
- Experience of managing capex projects
- Aerospace experience would be desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a strong manufacturing background and offers a very attractive package, including car allowance, health-care and defined contributions pension scheme. An excellent relocation package is also available.
Please apply today, or further information, please contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446 143.