Position: Engineering Manager/Divisional Manager/Product Design Manager
Location: Manchester Area
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Essential: Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join our business in the Manchester area. The Engineering Manager will have overall mechanical design leadership responsibility for developing world class material handling inspection solutions to the latest safety and regulatory standards through continual improvement of products, people and processes. You will ensure all standard and none standard designs are delivered to meet the highest levels of customer service.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain, support and improve existing standard product platforms
- Continual improvement of the None Standard Make to Order (NSMTO) and Engineer to Order (ETO) system solutions and design processes leading to sustain high levels of customer satisfaction (Enquiry / Quotation Turn-a-round, On Time Delivery of Drawing Packages, Reduced Lead-time, Right First Time Design, Productivity, etc.)
- Research into innovative technologies, techniques and methodologies
- Support the wider organisation in all technical matters relating to mechanical design and system integration
- Support departmental "Hull Speed" initiative to increase innovation and reduce time to market
- Continuous improvement (Product Reliability & Quality, Regulatory Compliance, H&S, etc)
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Design or other similar related mechanical design discipline or relevant engineering/industry experience.
- Strong mechanical technical leadership and proven management experience in a fast-paced mechanical systems design environment producing low to mid volume B2B industrial products.
- Ability to articulate and deliver to market full engineering system solutions system. Should therefore possess electrical and control system awareness and ability to relate to core sensor technologies and software controls
- Must be able to demonstrate own design flair and capability as well as the ability to technically lead a reasonable sized systems engineering design team (10 to 20 people).
- Achieved or advancing to recognised professional status e.g. IMechE.
- Skilled in Inventor / Solidworks or similar 3D design package. Ability to produce own conceptual design supported by rendered images.
- Experienced in Safe Mechanical Design (SMD), conducting Risk Assessments (RA) and ensuring designs meet regulatory and industry requirements e.g. CE, Machinery Directive, FDA, EHEDG, ATEX / IEC Ex etc.
- Good knowledge of fabrication, welding, casting, vacuum forming etc.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, problem solving and communication skills. Good understanding of full Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- IT literate. MS Office (Outlook, Word, PPT, Excel).
To apply for the Engineering Manager vacancy please email your updated CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.