£70k - 75k per year + Plus Benefits
£70,000 to £75,000 pa plus Benefits
Location: Warwickshire (Remote Working Available)
Engine, Propulsion, Requirements Definition, Design Review, Development, Prototype, Build, Innovation, Integration, Performance, Marinization
Do you want to work for a forward thinking organisation that design, develop and build powertrain systems for propulsion applications predominately within the maritime industry, driving engineering excellence across their range of products? We are looking for an experienced and innovative Engineering Manager to help design, develop and integrate their powertrain systems across their UK & European sites following a significant recent investment in the business.
The role of the Engineering manager will be to lead the development and integration of powertrain systems supporting the Chief Engineer overseeing all design, development, test, homologation and delivery of key design projects for new development programs. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
As an Engineering Manager, your main responsibilities will include;
- Managing all UK based Engineering team on a day to day basis.
- Manage Design and Project Engineers responsible for powertrain development and product release.
- Support the Chief Engineer with the management of the UK test facility to ensure delivery thorough best in class validation.
- Working closely with the Programme Manager to deliver programme requirements, test, validation and timing objectives.
- Create, review, and approve change request documentation, technical specifications, and validation test plans.
- Approve and/or release controlled documents into the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system.
- Work with other sub-system teams in setting design requirements and leading development.
- Lead and/or participate in technical design reviews, coordinating cross functional system reviews to identify and resolve unpredicted issues.
- Track Open Issues, communicate issues to all groups and setup meetings as required to close all issues. Escalate major issues immediately to leadership.
- Track and update Functional Requirements Document (FRD
- Assist in developing technology roadmap for future systems.
- Assure Budget, Timing and Quality intent is achieved.
- Provide DFMEA and DVP&R guidance and approval.
- Define product requirements considering the competitor landscape and target customer requirements.
- Manage the business case and ensure the final product is the right balance of quality, functionality and profitability.
- Manage the development and validation timing to align with the overall outboard programme.
- Proactively manage selected development partners to carry out the engineering and validation activities to meet the targets set, working with suppliers to develop and implement products into production.
- Work with internal & external experts and partners to ensure Homologation & Regulatory requirements are successfully achieved.
- Work closely with the Head of Purchasing & Supply Chain to ensure timely release of designs and to ensure BoM cost and weight targets are achieved.
This is a challenging and exciting role and as such the Engineering Manager will possess:
- Knowledge of Powertrain development; ideally with exposure to marine engines being advantageous.
- Track record within Engineering Manager / Leadership position within powertrain development.
- Previous OEM and automotive experience preferred, with marine engineering being a distinct benefit.
- Previous assembly plant launch experience preferred.
- PPAP experience developing and creating Design records, FMEA’s, Control Plans, etc.
- Experience benchmarking engineering technologies and applying those into the design activities as appropriate.
- Experience with regulatory requirements preferred.
- Demonstrable experience of managing similar development programmes, including proactively managing external supplier resource.
- Ideally has also worked in a Small, Medium Enterprise (SME) and is able to demonstrate the ability to ‘roll their sleeves up’ and personally get things done as part of a small team.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in the design and development of powertrain systems within the automotive, motorsports and/or marine sector and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Engineering Managers role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.