£42k - 47k per year
5 months ago
St Ives, Cambridgshire
We are recruiting an Engineering Manager for one of Europe's leading manufacturers of products and solutions for the global food industry. Seeking Engineering Managers who share our passion to succeed to a rapidly growing business, reporting to the UK Operations Manager, we are seeking an ambitious and experienced candidate who takes full responsibility for developing the Design and Projects teams for the UK site. This role requires someone with strong engineering experience and people management skills, who is capable of providing leadership and management to the design and projects team. This role will be a key part in the development and growth of the engineering function of the business.
- Managing design and projects to ensure that customer projects are effectively and efficiently delivered on time, to specification and within budget
- Uses knowledge and experience to develop and achieve design and project targets, working towards a right first-time culture and maximising efficiencies
- Takes ownership for reviewing, developing and implementing design and project practices/procedures with an end goal of alignment for UK and Ireland sites
- Uses manufacturing and installation knowledge to identify, develop and implement best practice solutions across design and projects teams
- Takes the lead when working with QHS to create a culture of compliance with product design and design standards
- Full accountability for team costings, budgets and protocols, ensuring all output conforms to SF and industry Engineering quality standards
- Uses industry knowledge to develop team processes that achieve a continuous improvement approach
- Strong engineering / design qualification
- Strong communication, analytical and influencing skills
- Professional, confident and mature attitude
- Ability to use AutoCAD and Solidworks drawings essential
- Proven experience in a Design / Project Management Position
- Proven experience and knowledge of a fabrication environment
- Experience in managing budgets and people development
In return for your skills and experience this company will give you a competitive salary and benefits package, with full training and development. If you have any questions then please contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee today, or apply today as interest for this role will be high.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.