West Midlands, England
almost 2 years ago
Job Title- Engineering Manager
Location: West Midlands
Our Client are currently supporting an OEM on multiple Interiors Commodities for new vehicles through the Virtual design gateways through to eventual manufacture and assembly phases.
As an Engineering Manager you will be part of the Programme Development Team leading the Design / Development and integration activities of the Interior commodities, supported by an infrastructure of specialists from areas such as Tooling / Process / Validation / Finance/ Operations and HR.
You will lead the product development through all phases, from cradle to grave, to the agreed program timing from a fully validated, compliant and optimised design to on time tooling kick off and launch.
The role will be driving best practise and lessons learned from previous launches and ensure they are integrated into future programmes. They will also be paramount in driving Customer satisfaction and ultimately support business development.
- Experience in a Product Engineering role within Automotive Interiors or Body commodities specifying and developing new parts
- Working knowledge of role-related technical skills: GD&T, DFM/DFA, CAE/FEA, CAD, FMEA, DVP&R
- In-depth knowledge of Automotive manufacturing processes and testing/validation standards, tooling maturation
- Fully accountable for all change control processes that are design/engineering-related
- Liaison with internal and external customers, foster a "no surprises" approach to product launch
- Customer liaison and negotiation; ability to support Business Development
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of delivering products within the Automotive arena and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about this role, please contact Chiara Caterisano at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Please note that the Client is unable to support candidates who require Visa Sponsorship to leave and work in the UK.