The purpose of the Engineering Manager is to manage and develop the Systems Engineering team, lead assigned projects through to completion. Be a customer facing hands on role for product installation equipment, undertaking installation tooling MRO activities and technical field support to support correct installation methods.
- Hands on approach to solving engineering issues
- Lead improvement initiatives to increase the reliability of installation tooling.
- Installation tool MRO activities
- Management of demo fleet to enable installation tooling is available for customer's on site trials.
- Troubleshoot and repair installation tooling issues for customers and field System Engineers.
- Visit customers to give field support for specific regions / customers in effective use of and repair of installation tooling. Write customer visit reports.
- Recommend optimum tooling systems for new applications.
- Develop tooling designs to improve cost and / or performance benefits to customers.
- Prepare quotes to customers for the recommended spares needed for installation tooling being used.
- Deliver technical presentations, practical demonstrations and test installations to introduce and promote existing and new installation tooling.
- Recommend and assist the Product Manager with tooling stock levels and spares stock levels.
- Effectively manage assigned projects.
- Support the organisation and delivery of the bi-annual Product Training.
- Both UK and international travel, as requested, in line with customer requirements.
- Manage Systems Engineering Team and provide support to Field Systems Engineers and Sales
Experience & Background
- Experienced in team management and development and leading multi-disciplined projects
- Desirable to have a Technically biased degree
- Strong interest & aptitude in high technology machinery with hydraulic / mechanical / software systems/ Electronics
- Excellent standard of numeracy & literacy
To be considered for this exciting Engineering Manager role please apply as soon as possible.