- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Mark Bignell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446167
- Expiry Date: 07 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60180
£Highly Competitive Salary, Plus Benefits
Location: Andover, Hampshire UK
Engineering, Manager, Leadership, Assembly, CAD, FEA, Development, Technical, Electro/Mechanical, Leadership, NPI
Want to work for a forward thinking Innovation Company that has a track record of delivering work class products to the automotive and aerospace sectors on a small to medium size volume? We are seeking a proactive Engineering Manager who can work with clients on requirements capture, drive new product development and lead project design teams to deliver results.
The role of Engineering Manager will be to lead the project design team covering all areas of design, development, test, project delivery and new product introduction to ensure new products & systems meet customer requirements and specifications for future innovations within the aerospace, defence, oil & gas and automotive sectors.
As an Engineering Manager your main responsibilities will be;
- Leads design and NPI processes, implements, and refines product development, testing, and manufacturing processes aligned to business strategy
- Manages staff and assigns tasks to engineering and technical personnel.
- Leads teams in the development of new products, solutions, and processes.
- Oversees project logistics and resource allocation, within the team and in partnership with our manufacturing team
- Targets to improve efficiency of engineering processes and to reduce waste.
- Secures the resources needed for teams to deliver, including researching, and proposing capital investments.
- Helps to create and oversee project budgets and engages in cost management strategies.
- Maintains high level expertise in Electrical Machine design and development.
- Assures that processes meet quality and safety compliance guidelines.
- Collaborates with other team leaders and departments.
- Forges and maintains relationships with suppliers and customers.
This is a challenging and exciting role and as such we are looking for a candidate who have the following:
- Strong experience in managing an engineering team in a related industry
- Managing CAD / FEA – Solid works / Ansys and Engineering NPI processes.
- Degree level education, with robust experience in motor design, development, test and manufacture, or similar mechatronic / complex products
- Working in markets for Aerospace, Defence, Oil and Gas, Automotive and Marine
- Knowledge of work with quality systems [AS9100 / ISO 9001]
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge in Engineering Management or Leading Teams within a product development environment especially within a small to medium manufacturing environment having supported growth, innovation and NPI activities and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Engineering Manager role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.