Engineering I.T Systems Analyst - Aerospace - Permanent - Attractive - West Midlands
An Engineering I.T Systems Analyst is required to join and Innovative Aerospace manufacturing facility on a Permanent Basis. The successful Engineering I.T Systems Analyst will report directly to the Applications Support Manager and will support day to day operations and maintenance of engineering I.T applications. The Engineering I.T Systems Analyst in addition to daily operations will support engineering applications related projects such as version upgrades, system migrations to standard tools, new implementations and supporting other team members on such projects.
This role may involve travel both in the UK and worldwide
Responsibilities and Experience Required of the Engineering I.T Systems Analyst
· Address issues with engineering applications, Supporting and performing system and application upgrades of engineering software
· Working with other business analysts on projects related to engineering applications
· Maintenance of servers, storage, databases and server applications
· Assisting in the long-term migration to standard engineering tools
· Supporting backup solutions, storage solutions, data management (archival and recovery), servers (virtual and physical), databases, server applications
· Following approved processes and standard operating procedures to ensure the highest level of system integrity, performance and stability
· Assisting with requests from the operation services team and business analysts
· Ensuring all systems are backed up per agreed backup schedule; ensures data management integrity (storage, archival and recovery) per the data management policy
· Assisting less experienced personnel and share knowledge freely
· In collaboration with technical analysts, monitoring the health and performance of systems; executes standard maintenance and performance tuning, as well as unplanned remediation
· Participating in the planning and execution of disaster recovery exercises
· Performing periodic security audits as required by IT standards
· Developing and executes test procedures as required to ensure optimum system performance, reliability, availability, security and operational stability
· Implementing all necessary performance management, capacity planning and system administration processes to maximise support and availability of computer infrastructure
Qualifications & Requirements of the Engineering I.T Systems Analyst
· University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical field
· Experience in configuration and troubleshooting of SmarTeam or DOORS or CATIA
· Advanced experience with Microsoft desktop environments (Office, Windows, etc.)
· Understanding of custom coding in engineering I.T systems
· Familiarity with virtual servers in VMWare and Experience with VB?type scripting
· Experience developing and implementing I.T support and administration procedures
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong organisational skills and a Strong team player adept at collaborating with team members to support a multisite customer base.
· Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and web-browsers
· Proficient in Project Management tools (i.e., MS Project) or similar project tool(s)
Security Clearance will be required due to the nature of this position and the sector involved.
If you are interested in this Engineering I.T Systems Analyst position, then please apply directly or send a suitable MS Word Format CV directly to my Email at . Alternatively, if you wish to discuss then please contact Peter Heap on my direct line 01384 446102.