Position: Engineering Events Project Manager
Salary: Competitive financial package
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an Engineering Events Project Manager to join our global organisation. Your responsibility as the Engineering Events Project Manager is to project manage, oversee and plan all operational activities & events related to our Technology Centre. Key responsibilities are the coordination and planning of all customer visit related activities, together with planning promoting and project managing of trade events within the Technology Centre. Further to this the proactive development of partnership relationships leading to the advancement of process technologies within the Centre.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Planning and project managing activities relating to customer events, visits and demonstrations.
- Understanding, implementing and promoting the latest trends in manufacturing technology relating to our range of advanced technology.
- Selecting and specifying suitable machinery and ensuring the latest complimentary technologies are successfully incorporated into the machining processes.
- Building partner relationships to promote latest complimentary technologies.
- Managing the demonstration of our technology portfolio.
- Liaising with and hosting European customer visits.
- Planning the solutions gallery and procuring example finished assemblies/products and customer components for display.
- Chairing monthly planning and safety meetings
- Preparing planning documentation and reports.
- Liaising with application and service departments to resource the facility.
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety regulations are maintained.
Qualifications & Skills for the role include:
- A minimum HNC/HND engineering qualification or relevant engineering experience within a project management role would be suitable.
- Candidates with experience hosting and running large scale engineering events would also be considered for this opportunity.
- Experience of Prince 2 Project Management.
- Experience required for the role includes extensive customer facing experience ideally in a manufacturing discipline however other industry sectors would also be considered.
- Some experience or industry knowledge of CNC, CAD/CAM and five axis machining would be advantageous however we welcome candidates from all engineering disciplines so long as you have strong customer facing skills.
- Strong attention to detail, planning and organisational skills are essential.
- Technical skills will be combined with broad ranging management experience together with strong customer liaison capability.
- The individual will possess strong project management skills, the ability to lead, prioritise, delegate and simplify complex problems.
To apply for this Engineering Events Project Manager vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics consultant.