- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Matthew Taylor
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 07947 343994
- Expiry Date: 17 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59851
Job Title – Engineering Estimator
£ 50,000 p.a. + Relocation allowance + Company Stock Options + 30 days holiday (on a 5 day week)
+ Private Healthcare + Pension + Enhanced parental pay & leave + Monthly Lunch + fully stocked on site canteen + Air conditioned Factory Floor
Are you a Engineering Estimator interested in working in a state of the art and fast-paced precision engineering environment? Are you an experienced Production Engineer or CNC Engineer looking for a move into cost estimation? If so continue reading..
Engineering Estimator responsibilities;
- Provide support to the commercial team by answering technical questions, joining them on conference calls to customers and occasional site visits.
- Provide accurate estimates for all variables associated to the manufacturing process including, CAM programming, machine run times, job specific tooling costs and setup times.
- Support purchasing via a rate a rate card system for material costs and additional post processes.
- Ensure all quotes are estimated in a timely manner inline with customer expectations, following our SLA's by customer profile.
- Create standardised estimating processes that are documented, efficient and where possible automated.
- Communicate the job specific costs to the commercial team by the building a formal quotation within in our ERP system using our Factory Operating System and other supporting tools when required.
- Build a strong collaborative relationship with the production, quality, commercial and procurement team to understand all the necessary variables that can impact capacity and costings.
- Participate in production reviews to ensure costings are accurate and where possible meet customer requirements relative to tender/ quotation processes.
- Creation of full Bill Of Material’s and routings.
- Work proactively to adapt quickly to a change in customer demand.
An exciting opportunity for Experienced Production, CNC Engineer or Engineering Estimator with the following;
- Experience in quoting and estimating machined parts (a good understanding of machine times, cycle times and metallic materials)
- strong experience with IT - Excel / MRP ERP systems
If you are an Engineering Estimator with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Engineering Estimator, please contact Matthew Taylor at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947943994.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.