Attractive Salary & Package
4 months ago
Our client is a niche automotive design and vehicle builder seeking to establish a presence in the South East. The business is currently undergoing a huge period of growth, with the introduction of new product lines and clients and as a result is looking for an Engineering Director to develop and grow its design and engineering capability as the foundation of this exciting SME's continued success.
The purpose of the Engineering Director role is to:
- Manage and lead all design, technical, research and development aspects of vehicle development programmes, from concept inception to succesful conclusion, in accordance with the business plan and model cycle.
- Lead and deliver outstanding design concepts and engineering to enhance the brand presence the company and its OEM clients.
- Create synergy and alignment across engineering functions and specialities, building and developing core engineering and technical capabilities.
- Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer
- Managing 3 rd party engineering consultancy suppliers
Engineering Director Key responsibilities:
- Creation of a multi disciplined team that has a winning spirit which enhances and promotes the brand.
- Successful on time delivery and to budget, of all vehicle development programmes, from concept to conclusion, that fully support sales and the brand reputation.
- Delivery of the function's annual management plan, including revenue growth, cost reductions/waste removal/lean engineering for all vehicle development programmes.
- Building core capabilities and interchangeable components that create the ability to build and manufacture cost effective vehicles, without compromising quality and the driving experience.
- Working closely in association with Finance and other key functions develop vehicle development programmes, that are costed fully and operate on sound commercial parameters.
- Engage third party consultancy services where necessary, ensuring that they operate on agreed margins, to target and KPIs - deliver projects that create outstanding value and service.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ideally Degree or higher degree in engineering/design or related discipline
- Extensive experience in automotive engineering design and development, including management of multi-disciplined teams
- Knowledge of exterior and interior trim, understanding of materials and manufacturing methods
- Experience of powertrain development would be desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with niche or premium vehicle programmes would be advantageous.
- Natural leader, articulate, structured and methodical, analytical, focused, commercially-minded
For a fantastic opportunity in a business with recent and continued rapid growth and a culture that embraces change, individual and team development, outstanding customer focus, please apply.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.