4 months ago
Job title: Engineering Capability Lead
Salary Range: Competitive plus benefit package
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Permanent role working for a leading defence/military design and manufacturing client.
An Engineering Capability Leadisrequired with knowledge and experience of implementation and improvement of engineering competencies (skills, SQEPness and Learning & Development (L&D)) management and reporting.
Working with the Engineering Directors, engineering Heads of Capability, Discipline Leads, project engineering managers and HR specialists to develop and facilitate L&D in order to ensure that Engineering has at least the minimum competencies it requires to deliver its business obligations.
Key deliverables include: an Engineering Induction Pack; a Leaver’s checklist; consolidated L&D Schedules, plans, budget forecasts/requests and performance reports.
Due to ongoing expansion this MOD/Defence client based in Telford, Bristol and the north east requires a dynamic, leading Engineering Capability Lead on a permanent basis. As a Engineering Capability Lead, you will be required to:
- To assist in the development and sustainment of the Engineering capability that RBSL requires to undertake its business.
- To assist RBSL Engineering Directors to provide reports and analysis to enable the development of strategic plans for the Engineering discipline.
- To work closely with and provide support to the Engineering Heads of Capability and their Discipline Leads to ensure full business engagement.
- To support projects and future bids via the delivery of the required competency assessments and plans.
- Lead in the development/production of the Competency Management Plan for the Engineering Function.
- Assist as required with Strategic Workforce Planning for RBSL.
- Develop, communicate and monitor the engineering competency management strategy.
- Help develop strong productive relationships with HoCs, Chief Engineers, HR L&D specialists, other functional competency managers, partners and L&D supplier organisations.
- Provide help and assistance to the capability team focused on recruitment, career development and overall capability development of RBSL Engineering staff through mentoring, coaching and contributions to Personal Development Reviews.
- Complete the integration of Manufacturing Engineering competencies into Engineering.
- Undertake and promote continuous improvement.
- Act as admin for the Capability Management Workspace library.
- Input into the appropriate aspects of the RBSL Engineering Management Framework.
- Help promote a more inclusive and diverse culture within engineering.
- Engineering Comms Lead and L&D Facilitator
- To act as the lead for engineering communications as directed by the Engineering Directors, specifically as the Engineering POC for the Communications function and the admin for the Central Engineering mailbox and Engineering Intranet Pages.
- Working with the RBSL Comms Team to ensure that engineering L&D updates are communicated to the relevant Engineering population
- Working with the Engineering Processes Lead to ensure that, where necessary, L&D updates reflect Engineering BMS updates; especially the Eng Induction Pack
- Ensure that all engineering training material – including Engineering owned and Engineering contributions to other Functions - is kept up to date and updates are processed by the appropriate authorities
- To become a key contributor to and participant in the development and delivery of engineering L&D material
The Engineering Capability Lead should have the following skills or experience:
- Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- Essential: Qualified in at least one engineering discipline; demonstrable engineering management experience at the specified grade; demonstrable ability to work almost autonomously to achieve established goals; demonstrable ability to work in small teams to deliver specified outcomes; demonstrable ability to be able to liaise and communicate with disparate parties in order to deliver specified outcomes.
- Desirable: Demonstrable engineering management experience in at least one RBSL delivery project; capability management experience; L&D qualification – such as TEP or PETLs
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with expert knowledge of Engineering Capabilities within an MOD/Defence manufacturing company. In return for your experience, this Telford based defence specialist will offer you:
- Full time permanent contract
- 37.5 hour working week
- Competitive salary plus benefit package
- Annual Company Bonus
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Contribution pension
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Engineering Capabilities within the manufacturing and defence field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Engineering Capability Lead, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.