- Sector: Land systems
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Peter Heap
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 02 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61557
Engineering Capability Lead (CM) - Defence and Military Systems – Permanent – Attractive
An Engineering Capability Lead is required to join an International Defence Systems company that designs, manufactures, and supports world leading military Systems. The successful Engineering Capability Lead will Support the Engineering Authority, implementing Governance & Assurance and continual improvement of product Configuration Management.
The Engineering Capability Lead will be accountable for ensuring that the company remains compliant in its commercial practices. To ensure consistency of application, management and recording of the output/outcome of Configuration Management activities.
The Engineering Capability Lead will develop, maintain, and improve CM competency appropriate to meet business needs and provide advice and guidance to senior project engineers recommending appropriate improvements where necessary.
The Engineering Capability Lead will report into Engineering Directors and Engineering Heads of Capability with Performance Indicators, Continuous Improvement suggestions and Configuration Management related to the Learning & Development needs.
Engineering Capability Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Provide CM advice, guidance, and input into Bids & Proposals.
- Participation of CM practice within projects nominated.
- Assist project/product configuration managers/leads in performing their duties.
- Produce CM related information, configuration status records, configuration audits, etc.
- First Point of Contact for all matters relating to CM outside of established projects.
- Generating and submitting CM related data into business improvement/investment plans.
- Recommending and executing CM related Continuous Improvement activities.
- Assess, develop, maintain, and improve competency appropriate to meet business needs.
- The development and delivery of CM Learning and Development (L&D) material.
- Maintain a consistent set of CM documentation and requested changes.
- Provide advice and guidance to senior engineers regarding the state of CM in their projects.
- Provide CM advice, guidance & remain current in role through participation of CM practices.
The Engineering Capability Lead should have the following Qualifications Skills or Experience:
- Have relevant engineering management experience
- Have some configuration management experience
- Be able to work almost autonomously to achieve established goals
- Be able to work in small teams to deliver specified outcomes
- Be a confident communicator with colleagues from diverse engineering backgrounds
- Be comfortable with new technology and able to adapt to new systems and ways of working
- Have a sound working knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management
- Have a working knowledge of ISO standards and/or Def Stans
- Expected to be or working to become a certified CM Practitioner
- Expected to become a key user in the Siemens Teamcenter PLM and CAD applications
**Security Clearance (SC) will be required due to the nature of the Defence products involved**
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have the experience for the Engineering Capability Leadand you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446127 or send suitable CV’s email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.