Electrical HV Systems Engineer– Automotive – Midlands - £ Competitive + Excellent benefits
Our client is an engineering company that specialises in electric and hybrid vehicle systems and integration. They provide engineering services and parts to support both prototype and production vehicle programmes at all stages of development including feasibility studies, design, integration and testing. We are seeking an HV systems engineer with a passion for EV and hybrid technologies.
You will provide rapid solutions for prototyping electrical systems for new future vehicle concepts, demonstrators, show vehicles and road vehicles.
As Electrical HV Systems Engineer – Automotive you will
- Work directly with our customers and suppliers to develop High Voltage (HV) systems in a range of different applications. The role will encompass system specification, detailed design, integration and validation testing for a range of customers in different industries and of different sizes.
- Manage requirements and decompose from vehicle to system to component level.
- Guide simulation team on analyses required and evaluate simulation outputs.
- Manage technical projects, including supplier & customer communication and electrical safety,
- Component and system level testing – Producing test rigs, performing tests and analyzing test results.
As Electrical HV Systems Engineer – Automotive you will have
- A Degree and minimum 3 years of experience in Automotive Powertrain / High Voltage system engineering.
- Sound engineering understanding and capability to apply basic scientific principles to real-world applications. Solid understanding of mechanical, electrical, thermal engineering.
- Familiarity with automotive industry processes, methods and standards. Familiarity with regulations and safety protocols pertaining to High Voltage systems. Familiarity with Electric Vehicle thermal management concepts.
- Working knowledge of Lithium-Ion batteries and their implications on system operation..
- Familiarity with network protocols for automotive applications – CAN, LIN, FlexRay.
- Effective root cause analysis and ensure permanent corrective actions are implemented for quality issues.
Suitably qualified and experienced Electrical Systems Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.