Engineer - Exterior Plastics R00026023
We are seeking an Exterior Plastics Engineer to design and develop exterior plastic trim and bumper systems to satisfy customer expectations.
This company based in Cranfield requires an Exterior Plastics Engineer with good analytical and problem solving skills for a new contract role. As an Exterior Plastics Engineer you will be required to:
- Design and development of 'exterior' systems for new models
- Own the technical development and project management from concept to production
- Achievement of basic design and performance criteria including regulatory
- Bill of material creation and management
- Achievement of all quality, cost and delivery targets
- Management of suppliers, ensuring adherence to company expectations
- Swift concern resolution and effective countermeasure action
- Liaison and negotiation with all departments including Styling, Manufacturing, Quality, Purchase and Project Management located predominantly in UK, Japan, Spain and Russia
The Exterior Plastics Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in an engineering or engineering-related discipline
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient PC skills: Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Self motivated to deliver excellence in a pressured environment
- Clear, concise communication skills through all mediums, escalating issues as appropriate
- CAD knowledge useful
If you have any questions about the Exterior Plastics Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship