Job title: Engines Validation Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £32.00ph LTD
Industry: Diesel Engines
An Engines Validation Engineer is required to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The position will be a long term contract role based in Peterborough and is paying a rate of up to £32.00 Ltd Co per hour.
The Engines Validation Engineer will join a team responsible for development and implementation of electrical and electronic control systems for diesel engines developed in the UK.
The successful applicant for this position will also be responsible for identifying, planning, coordinating and executing validation activities to support the development of engine control systems and mitigate system risk.
- Working within an engineering team, identify potential component, system and integration issues associated with new products or current product enhancements.
- Capture the risks and create action and validation plans to mitigate the risks
- Develop test requirements, coordinate and execute the validation activities to mitigate program risk and ensure the system is verified and validated for production.
- Record, analyse and communicate validation results and where required, develop revised solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Provide Electrical and Electronic SME support to engine performance tests, engine development activities and initial production builds
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Proven engineer with 'hands on' validation experience, ideally on engine, transmission or power systems
- Technical background in systems development, integration or validation (electronics or mechanical)
- Good Electrical and Electronic knowledge with 'fault finding' capability
- Ability to initiate and take independent action
- FMEA facilitator or Team Lead experience
- Vector CANape and CANalyzer experience
- EMC test knowledge
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this Engines Validation Engineer role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.