Job title: Engine Validation Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £30.00 per hour LTD or Umbrella
Industry: Off Highway
An Engine Validation Engineer has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The suitable candidate will join a team who design and develop electrical and electronic control systems for engine and machine prime products developed and produced in Europe.
The successful applicant for this position will join the team and be responsible for identifying, planning, coordinating and executing validation activities to support the development of engine control systems and mitigate system risk.
- Working within an engineering team, identify potential component, system and integration issues associated with new products or current product enhancements.
- Capture the risks and create action and validation plans to mitigate the risks.
- Develop test requirements, coordinate and execute the validation activities to mitigate program risk and ensure the system is verified and validated for production.
- Record, analyse and communicate validation results and where required, develop revised solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Provide Electrical and Electronic SME support to engine performance tests, engine development activities and initial production builds.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Proven engineer with 'hands on' validation experience, ideally on engine, transmission or power systems.
- Technical background in systems development, integration or validation (electronics or mechanical).
- Good Electrical and Electronic knowledge with 'fault finding' capability.
- Provide focus on the customer and their needs.
- Ability to initiate and take independent action.
- Vector CANape and CANalyzer experience.
- FMEA facilitator or Team Lead experience.
Please contact James Tilley for details.