- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Duration: 12 months
- Start Date: May/June 2022
- Expiry Date: 20 June 2022
- Job Ref: 60087
Engine Test Technician
Up to £18/hr - Inside IR35 (Shifts available 35% premium)
12 month initial contract
May/June 2022 Start
A number of Engine Test Technician opportunities have become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
As part of the team, you will be involved in a variety of diesel engine research and development activities, ranging from engine installation into test cells, along with fitting work and component changes, to running test programmes to engineering requirements in certification, performance, and validation areas.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follow documented standard work procedures/instructions to perform safe and defect free installations of engines into test cells along with the connection of test measurement and associated equipment and services that allow for high quality data collection.
- Liaise and communicate with engineers responsible for engine test programs.
- Diagnose and fix a range of faults on both engines and test cell equipment.
- Keep the work area clean, tidy, and safe in line with 5S and total preventative maintenance (TPM).
- Support value stream improvements projects.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Good engine and mechanical diagnostic/problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in motor vehicle maintenance or engine testing.
- Applicants will ideally have an engineering or motor mechanics apprenticeship and some relevant work experience and have completed some form of relevant higher education (NVQ Level 3).
- A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application.
- Good PC skills and ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to use hand/power tools and lifting equipment.
- Prepared to undertake required training/learning.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.