£18.00 - 21.50 per hour
about 1 month ago
Engine Test Technician
Up to £21.50 per hour LTD/Umbrella (inside IR35)
An Engine Test Technician opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
You will be joining a world-class large engine development facility supporting the division in the development of new and existing engine products.
An Engine Development Test Technician is required within the Test Engineering team to carry out research & development work on our clients 4000 series engines.
The Test Engineering Team have responsibility for the build, instrumentation, testing and assessment of large diesel and gas fuelled engines up to 2183kW, for both current product improvement and new product introduction projects (including performance, emissions, verification and validation testing).
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- City Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in an automotive mechanical subject - Equivalent qualifications accepted (IMechE accreditation) or higher (HNC/HND/B.Eng.)
- Mechanical/electrical experience on diesel engines, stripping & rebuilding engines, along with a good automotive or off-highway mechanical background
- A demonstrated knowledge of working on automotive / off-highway engine test programs
- Awareness of high voltage electrical systems associated with genset applications
- Instrumentation experience including thermocouples, pressure transducers, flowmeters, emissions analysers, etc
- A good knowledge of engine test systems packages (DSG, Cadet, PUMA, STARS) and test schedule writing
- Exposure to ECU controller software packages
- Modification of engine electrical harnesses for a test cell environment desirable but not essential
Please get in touch with James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.