£20.00 - 21.50 per hour
3 months ago
Job title: Engine Test Technician
Salary Range: £20.00 - £21.50 per hour
Hours: Days - 37 hours per week
7.45am to 4.30pm - Monday to Thursday
7.45am to 11.45am - Friday
Location: Stafford, Staffordshire
12-month contract role working leading engine manufacturer in Stafford.
An Engine Test Technician is required with knowledge of Mechanical/electrical diesel engines, stripping & rebuilding engines, along with a good automotive or off-highway mechanical background. Technicians with experience of engine test systems packages (DSG, Cadet, PUMA, STARS), test schedule writing and exposure to ECU controller software packages would be well received.
Due to upturn in new projects this client based in Stafford requires an experienced, dynamic, leading Engine Test Technician to carry out research & development work to delivery customer engine builds and test requirements whilst Pre-rigging engines into modified gensets in preparation for test cell installation
As an Engine Test Technician, you will be required to:
- Build, instrumentation, testing and assessment of large diesel and gas fuelled engines up to 2183kW, for both current product improvement and new product introduction projects (including performance, emissions, verification and validation testing)
- Deliver customer engine build and test requirements.
- Pre-rig engines into modified gensets in preparation for test cell installation
- Instrument to engineering’s request including some fabrication work for boost, coolant and fuelling systems
- Data measure, collection, provision of results, use of computerised test bed controls and data acquisition
- Assume ownership of test bed data quality, assist engineers in test methodology and interpretation of results
The Engine Test Technician should have the following skills or experience:
- Mechanical/electrical experience on diesel engines, stripping & rebuilding engines, along with a good automotive or off-highway mechanical background.
- Instrumentation experience including thermocouples, pressure transducers, flowmeters, emissions analysers, etc
- A good knowledge of engine test systems packages (DSG, Cadet, PUMA, STARS) and test schedule writing
- Exposure to ECU controller software packages.
- A demonstrated knowledge of working on automotive / off-highway engine test programs
- Awareness of high voltage electrical systems associated with genset applications
- Ability to work to engineer’s instructions and carry out a range of test work, including fitting prototype parts to an engine and/or record and produce quality data
- Capable of problem-solving engine / test bed issues and instigating fixes
- Attention to detail with an aptitude to deliver first class quality and to strive for continuous improvement
- Aptitude and ability to absorb and learn new technologies continuously
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly motivated and able to work closely within the team environment
- Proficient user of computer applications including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Engine Testing. In return for your experience, this Stafford based manufacturer will offer you:
- 12 month rolling contract
- £20.00 - £21.50 per hour
- 7.45am to 4.30pm - Monday to Thursday
- 7.45am to 11.45am - Friday
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Engine Testing and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the of Engine Test Technician role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.