Title: Engine Test Project Engineer
Contract Position based at: Whitley + visits to EMC Wolverhampton and other sites as required
An Engine Test Project Engineer is required to join an automotive OEM.
The Power Train Manufacturing Engineering (PTME) team is supporting future engine developments for the complete range of vehicles. With your extensive knowledge of End of Line test Facilities and in-depth experience of Engine Test procedures, you will join the Power Train Manufacturing Engineering (PTME) Assembly & Test department as an Engine Test Project Engineer.
You will utilise your test knowledge to lead the development and implement assembly in-process test methodologies and facilities to robustly deliver the safety, quality delivery and cost objectives.
The overall responsibility of this role will be to provide technical support to the PTME Assembly & Test Team with particular emphasis on the following:
- Develop test facility specifications to meet the requirements of current and future engine programs.
- Support virtual build events raising and championing issues where appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to company and departmental operating processes and policies including change management and engineering release systems.
- Lead specialist test cell suppliers in the delivery, commission and sign of new facilities.
- Support the Dyno Test Teams in the upgrade and introduction of the latest test standards to meet ES 6007 Test Specifications.
- Support the introduction of assembly in-process testing in particular Cold Test Facilities. Manage technical issues, offering guidance to the team and escalating where appropriate.
- Candidates should be self-motivated with strong project management as well as effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel to global locations to support expansion.
- Foreign languages are also an advantage, German, Italian or Chinese.
- Good understanding of Facility Procurement and H&S procedures
- Previous experience of high volume facility installation, project management, capability validation, commissioning and product launch, ideally in a powertrain environment.
- A good understanding of Dyno Test Cell set up and test procedures.
- A working knowledge of test bed data analysis tool sets, INCA, Concerto.
- Excellent communication skills, a flexible and self-motivated approach.
- A high level of organisational ability to manage concurrent activities including planning own time and workflows.
- You will be proficient with use of PC Systems & Packages, and have the ability to create reports, analyse and interpret statistical data based on various key metrics.
- A willingness to travel within UK and overseas to support facility buy offs and JLR global test facilities.
- You will have in-depth knowledge and experience of in-process test equipment, with particular emphasis on Cold Test, Hot Test and Dyno Test. Extensive knowledge of Power Train Test Processes and Methodologies.
Engineering qualification ideally at degree level or equivalent experience
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.