Engine Test Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
An Engine Test Engineer is required to carry out engine testing to support the development of catalysts in order to comply with customer and legislative requirements. Candidates with a good technical knowledge of relevant engineering concepts along with a good practical mechanical aptitude would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a Global Tier 1 supplier based in Royston, requires a proactive Engine Test Engineer to run tests on automotive engines to help develop emission control technology. As an Engine Test Engineer you will be required to:
- Carry out modifications of equipment and processes, which will allow for continual improvement
- Analyse data from the tests and ensure high quality information is derived from the testing
- Work with a range of software packages and advanced analytical equipment to develop advanced testing programmes
The Engine Test Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Experience and expertise in an automotive, testing, or similar engineering environment
- A good technical knowledge of relevant engineering concepts along with a good practical mechanical aptitude
- An analytical approach and the ability to interpret technical data are essential, along with basic technical report writing skills.
- Effective communication skills with the ability communicate with people of all levels
- Excellent ability to prioritise your workload and work to tight deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good understanding of basic industrial automation and the ability to learn and use a range of software packages to develop your career with a company that has undertaken recent major investments in new test cells and analysis equipment to provide state-of-the-art testing facilities. In return for your experience, this Royston based Global Tier 1 supplier will offer you:
- Excellent Benefits
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an Engine Test Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Engine Test Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.