Engine Test Engineer (Dynamometer)
An Engine Test Engineer is required to support an expanding engine test facility and support delivery of high standards of technical capability in engine testing. Candidates with experience of engine testing within an automotive or motorsport environment would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this respected motorsport supplier, based in Basildon, requires a proactive Engine Test Engineer to support existing engine testing, and in the continual update and development of the engine test cell facility, with particular emphasis on electronic hardware, wiring, instrumentation and procedures / data analysis. As an Engine Test Engineer you will be required to:
· Dynamometer set-up and operation
· Prototype wiring harness design, and manufacture
· Specification and sourcing of, in-cell test instrumentation
· Calibration set-up for additional in-cell instrumentation
· Diagnosis, and rectification of, dynamometer related systems faults
· Assist with, electrical and mechanical installation/removal of engines from dynamometer
· Oversee/check work carried out by test-technicians
· Work alongside Performance and Development engineers during testing
The Engine Test Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
· Ideally degree qualified
· Dynamometers, and associated test cell hardware
· Test cell services
· Test procedures, and processes
· Test automation software, data acquisition, logging and test parameter alarms/trips
· Electronic hardware, software, and wiring
· Data analysis
· CAN bus networking
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with engine test experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based motorsport supplier will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an Engine Test Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Engine Test Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.