£24 - 28 per hour
about 2 months ago
Engine Test Engineer
Up to £28.00 per hour Umbrella or PAYE
An Engine Test Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
Fantastic opportunity to join a world-class large engine development facility supporting the division in the development of new and existing products. (4000 series engines)
The Test Engineering Team have responsibility for the build, instrumentation, testing and assessment of large diesel and gas fuelled engines up to 2183kW, for both current product improvement and new product introduction projects (including performance, emissions, verification and validation testing).
- Accountable for the delivery of customer engine build and test requirements.
- Pre-rigging engines into modified gensets in preparation for test cell installation.
- Instrumentation to engineering's request including some fabrication work for boost, coolant and fuelling systems.
- Data measurement, collection, provision of results, use of computerised test bed controls and data acquisition.
- Assume ownership of test bed data quality, assist engineers in test methodology and interpretation of results.
- Compliance with EHS tasks, ensuring adherence with health, safety & environmental standards across site.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- City Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in an automotive mechanical subject.
- Equivalent qualifications accepted (IMechE accreditation) or higher (HNC/HND/B.Eng.).
- A demonstrated knowledge of working on automotive / off-highway engine test programs.
- Awareness of high voltage electrical systems associated with genset applications.
- Ability to work to engineer's instructions and carry out a range of test work, including fitting prototype parts to an engine and/or record and produce quality data.
- Capable of problem solving engine / test bed issues and instigating fixes.
- Proficient user of computer applications including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Mechanical/electrical experience on diesel engines, stripping & rebuilding engines, along with a good automotive or off-highway mechanical background.
- Instrumentation experience including thermocouples, pressure transducers, flowmeters, emissions analysers, etc
- Calibration and fault rectification of engine test equipment and pre-planned or reactive maintenance tasks, while adhering to safety standards and best working practices.
- A good knowledge of engine test systems packages (DSG, Cadet, PUMA, STARS) and test schedule writing
- Exposure to ECU controller software packages.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.