Engine Performance Validation Engineer
Up to £36.00 per hour
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for an Engine Performance Validation Engineer to join a global OEM based in Peterborough.
This innovative team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with internal and industrial partners as well as will their overseas sister teams.
The team leads the development and validation of the engine performance installed in customer applications for our clients entire Medium Engine range, this includes global process responsibility for software, calibration and certification.
- Building HiL, Engine test and Machine test / fleet validation plans for sign-off of the engine performance.
- Complete in-depth data analysis of multiple data sources to proactively identify potential fault codes, software, calibration or engine capability issues.
- Triage potential engine performance issues and lead the resolution of the most complex system interaction issues.
- Provide engineering guidance to the product teams, including software status / sign-off.
- Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to support continuous improvement in response to current and future customer needs.
- Close liaison with performance and mechanical development engineers, engine designers and project teams.
To apply for this Engine Performance Validation Engineer position you should have some of the following:
- Requires an accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills, a higher-level degree would be advantageous.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions.
- Have a high level of competency in the use of data-analysis tools (e.g. NI DIAdem, Tableau, Excel, Minitab, Matlab/Simulink, Vector CANape etc.)
- Have experience of risk assessments and FMEA methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of engine or vehicle system fundamentals in order to identify, validate and triage technical problems.
- Understand how power systems interact with vehicles and real-world drive cycles.
- Understand underlying theoretical principles of embedded control systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of implementation of control strategies into production systems.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.