- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Duration: 12 months
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 06 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61883
Engine Performance Engineer
Up to £33/hr - Inside IR35
Peterborough/Remote - Hybrid
12 month initial contract
As an Engine Performance engineer, you will have responsibility for conducting testing, development and sign off for the 4.4L and 7.1L engine programmes under the direct responsibility of the 1200 series team. You will be accountable for process excellence, maintaining engineering best practices and documentation.
You will work closely with the Performance and Systems Integration (PSI) engineering teams to define & deliver robust methods in achieving the Product Objectives and Technical Objectives (PO’s/TO’s) within the IPSD-M 1200 series product range. You will also work closely with the GED Test operations team to ensure quality data is achieved.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct and/or direct engine tests, calibration and performance development to support technical requirements.
- Conduct and/or direct tests (including Design of Experiments), checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability.
- Write requirements, procedures, and reports and formally present on test outcomes.
- Plan, manage and deliver tests to tight time scales and to right quality.
- Collaborate with global team to drive alignment and best practices.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering curriculum.
- Experience in combustion, performance, and fuel economy development of diesel engines.
- Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools, emissions measuring equipment and test data logging systems.
- Would be desirable to have Matlab & Canape experience.
- Hands on engine testing and problem-solving experience.
- Experience in virtual or simulation-based calibration.
For further information, please send your interest and CV to James Tilley - email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.