Job title: Engine Management Systems Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £24.10 per hour LTD
Engine Test Diagnostic Support (ETDS) team require an experienced Engine Management Systems Engineer with a good understanding and hands on capability for supporting engine prototype/one off installations.
Fault finding and installation validation with key focus on setting up testbed communications systems and signal simulators as well as diagnosing faults with electrical and electronic control systems.
First point of contact to investigate test bed engine non start or running issues and carry out global webex support.
The role is in support of engine and transmission test activities internally and at external test providers on a global basis.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Must have knowledge of engine internal components, engine sensors engine management, engine diagnostic systems and transmission systems.
- Ability to communicate work instructions to technicians, ability to progress multiple parallel tasks and an understanding of dyno facility operation.
- Use of ETAS Inca or other data / diagnostic tools will be required to support test work as well as the ability to read and create automotive electrical circuit diagrams and fully understand OBD systems in support of specialist test hardware.
- Full Clean Car Driving License.
- Experience in engine mechanical and diagnostic electrical experience is required.
- Hands on experience of engine management systems operating principles and diagnosing faults on prototype systems and components.
- Experience with engines on test beds and in vehicles are both appropriate.
Please contact James Tilley for details.