£35 - £45 per hour
over 1 year ago
Job Title: CAE / CFD Engineer
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contract length: Initial 6 months
A CAE / CFD Engineer with experience in engine fluid simulation is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Gothenburg, Sweden. This is an initial 6 month contract with potential for extension.
As a CFD Engineer, you will take an active part in the development of our Diesel and Petrol engines. This involves performing CFD simulations of engine components and systems using our primary CFD-code Star CCM+.
The development process is run through regular meetings where the CAE engineer is expected to have an active role in defining what simulations need to be made and to present an analysis of the results from performed simulations.
The CFD engineer also has a responsibility to continuously work to improve the methodologies used for the simulations.
For this position the CAE engineer is responsible primarily for the simulations related to the intake manifold and the EGR system and secondarily for SCR system simulations and combustion system CFD.
* MSc or higher academic degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering,
Engineering Physics or comparable.
* A minimum of two years experience in industrially applied CFD simulations.
* Professional level of proficiency in Star CCM+.
* Experience of the software ANSA is required.
* Experience from engine development is a merit.
* Knowledge in java scripting and Python programming is an advantage.
* Knowledge of STARCD/ESICE and Converge is an advantage.
Assistance with finding suitable accommodation if needed will be provided. If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.