- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Embedded Systems & Electronics
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 21 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59850
Engine Electronic Systems Engineer
Up to £32/hr - Inside IR35
Peterborough/WFH - Hybrid
12 month initial contract
The Engine Systems Team is responsible for development and implementation of electrical and electronic control systems for diesel engines developed by our client in the UK.
The successful applicant for this position will be responsible for identifying, planning, coordinating and executing validation and support activities within the development of engine control systems.
- Working within an engineering team, identify potential component, system and integration issues associated with new products or current product enhancements.
- Take action on reported issues, working with cross functional teams to validate and implement potential solutions.
- Record, analyse and communicate validation results and where required, work with the team to develop revised solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Provide Electronic system support to engine performance tests, engine development activities and production builds.
- Support the triaging of reported component issues from customers, and work with suppliers on identifying root cause.
- Monitor engine electronic system performance on test beds, reporting out regularly to the team on findings such as component issues or diagnostic error codes.
‘Must Have’ key skills and competencies for this role
- Degree-qualified, or equivalent, Engineer with experience in the broad range of systems engineering activities involved in the development of Electronically controlled Engine, machine or automotive control systems.
- 'Hands on', product experience in industry, ideally on engine, transmission or power systems.
- Technical background in systems development, integration or validation (electronics or mechanical)
- Experience with Electronic components, including 'fault finding' capability at a device and system level
- Very good team and communication skills
- Good initiative, self-starter who will proactively identify next steps for a given task.
- Ability to build strong working relations, locally and with Global team members.
- Provide focus on the customer and their needs.
'Desirable' skills and competencies for this role
- Vector CANape and CANalyzer experience
- FMEA experience
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.